ERIA’s RKC-MPD in collaboration with the Ministry of Environment of Cambodia will shed light on the current plastic waste management challenges in Cambodia, highlight the important role played by the private sectors, and share lessons learned from international and regional experience.
One of the important missions of RKC-MPD is to promote private companies whose business activities help combat (marine) plastic waste, in the hope to promote this positive shift. RKC-MPD has established an online platform titled ‘Private sector initiatives to reduce plastic waste and marine plastic debris’ (https://rkcmpd-eria.org/story
). This online interface called the Private Sector Platform (PSP) in short, hosts information submitted by private companies operating in all ASEAN+3 countries to showcase their products, services, or technologies contributing to the reduction of plastic waste and marine plastic debris. The platform collects and disseminates private companies’ business activities that are conducive to marine plastics mitigation. It also aims to encourage Business-to-Business, Business-to-Government and/or Business-to-Consumer opportunities in the ASEAN+3 region.
The forum will be an occasion for the Ministry of Environment of Cambodia, Cambodian business alliances, and Cambodian private companies to stocktake the progress made, and discuss the many ways private companies can contribute in combatting plastic waste and marine plastic debris. RKC-MPD will reintroduce the Private Sector Platform (PSP) to the public, particularly to the private companies, to raise more awareness of the platform and attract a larger number of private companies to join the fight against marine plastics.
- Date: Friday, 5 August 2022
- Time: 8.30 AM - 12:00 PM (Jakarta/Phnom Penh time, GMT+7)
|08:30 – 08:50
- Dr Aladdin D. Rillo, Senior Economic Advisor, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
- H.E. Van Monyneath, Director General, General Directorate of Policy and Strategy, Ministry of Environment Cambodia (TBC)
|08:50 - 09:00
||Group Photo and Coffee Break
|09:00 – 09:50
||Public Sector Intervention
Moderator: Mr Taing Meng Eang, Director of Department of Green Economy, Ministry of Environment
Q&A with the audience.
- Dr Keo Vanthoueun, Representative of the Ministry of Environment of Cambodia on forthcoming Circular Economy Action Plan
- Dr Mongtoeun Yim, Deputy Head of the Environmental Science Department, Royal University of Phnom Penh (on Plastic Waste Management Challenges in Cambodia)
|09:50 – 11:40
||Private Sector Intervention
Moderator: Ms Ellen Putri Edita, Research Associate, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
Q&A with the audience.
- Ms Hak Chansy, Administration and Education General Manager, AEON Cambodia on Efforts to Reduce Plastics
- Ms Saruom Ran, Business Service Manager, GAEA Waste Management, Plastic Waste Situation and Recycling in Cambodia
- Mr Chris Parker, Director of Plastic Program, ClimeCo, on Plastic Credit Program in Cambodia
- Mr Jef Moons, CEO Knai Bang Chatt
- Mr Michikazu Kojima, ERIA (on effective policy implementation in the ASEAN region to reduce plastic waste)
Introduction of the Private Sector Platform (PSP) of ERIA
- Projection of 2 min. video
- Ms Ellen Putri Edita (ERIA) will invite participants to join the PSP
Registration HERE: http://bit.ly/PSPCambodia
|11:40 – 12:00
- Mr Michikazu Kojima, Senior Advisor to the President on Environmental Issues of ERIA
- The Representative of the Ministry of Environment of Cambodia (TBC)